Wednesday, December 27, 2017

My Top 10 Kpop Songs of 2017

 Oopz! Forgot to publish this!

I wanted to write about my favorite songs this year, but I wrestled if I should do songs from different genres, or just from the Kpop genre. Most of the songs I listen to are Kpop songs, so I think it's okay if I just do a Kpop list. If I think of any non-Kpop songs, I'll do a mention below the list.

Also, this will be a lot harder than last year. I've been branching out as far as listening to different groups this year :) Although, I might have cheated a little. A lot of groups I listen to regularly, some of their members have branched off and released solo albums.

10. Agit - Oh My Girl

I wasn't a big fan of the title song Coloring Book, but I loved the rest of the album, Agit being my favorite (of course). Most of this album is very mellow and pretty.

9. Cover up - Taeyeon

Ever since she broke away to be a solo artist, I've loved every single song that she's released. Not to mention, she has the voice of a goddess. But lately some of her songs have been sad, but Cover Up is very upbeat and cheerful.

8. Wee Woo - Pristin

Wee Woo was Pristin's debut song - and one that I honestly had to get used to. I didn't like it at first, but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it. I still listen to it regularly and can't help but dance to it. The music video is fun, and the choreography is cute.

7. Eclipse - Kim Lip(Loona)

Like the previous song, I had to listen to Eclipse a couple of times before I started liking it. But I really love Kim Lip's voice, and that's what mostly made me come back again and again. Also, the music video is pretty awesome too! This is the song that got me into the group Loona!

6. Knock Knock - Twice

Knock Knock was the song that cemented me as a Twice fan! And it's probably still my favorite song of theirs. It's so catchy and cute, and the music video is just as awesome! Their music video's cinematography have always been interesting and refreshing.

5. Love Whisper - GFriend

I love everything about Love Whisper: the melody, the music video, and the choreography. I've been a fan of GFriend since their debut. Their songs are so catchy and their choreo is stunning. These girls are extremely talented!

4. MOVE - Taemin

It's no secret that I love this man and everything he does. And I've always been a big fan of his darker concepts. I thought I was ready for this release, but oh boy! I was not xD
MOVE is funky, catchy, and dark. His choreo is awesome and I was really happy to know that the choreographer from Goodbye and Flame of Love also did MOVE. And she made an appearance in the music video! ^^/

3. Girl Front - Loona

What can I say? Girl Front is upbeat and catchy as hell!

2. Intro: Serendipity - Jimin(BTS)

I'm slowly but surely getting into BTS (I know, I'm late xD) Their last two albums have really cemented me as a fan. More so, Serendipity cemented Jimin as my bias! I adore this song in general though, and the music video is gorgeous!

1. Day and Night - Taemin

While I really enjoy his "harder" songs, I enjoy his slower songs even more. The ones that show off his gorgeous voice. And Day and Night is definitely one of them! The rest of the songs on the repackaged album are wonderful, especially Hypnosis(Rearranged Version). Wow!! 💕💕

Mentions:
As If It's Your Last - BlackPink
One Last Time - Girls' Generation
Tina - Pristin
Happy - Cosmic Girls
Spring Day - BTS

RIP Kim Jonghyun
You worked hard and we love you!

I hope ya'll had a good Christmas/Holidays and I hope you have a fun and safe New Year!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment